- Falcon Guides
- Page count:
- Paperback / softback
- 9.09 in x 6.02 in
Hiking the Black Hills Country
A Guide To More Than 50 Hikes In South Dakota And Wyoming
Bert Gildart,Jane Gildart,Marcus Heerdt
About this book
Discover the beauty of the Black Hills Country, stretching from western South Dakota to eastern Wyoming.
Concise descriptions and detailed maps for fifty-eight trails allow hikers of all levels to reach splendid and solitary fishing holes, get fit in the outdoors, and learn about the region's history.
Hiking the Black Hills Country provides the latest information to plan a customized trip:
- Popular landmarks, common hikes, and hidden gems.
- Detailed maps and trail descriptions, complete with GPS coordinates.
- Insightful hike overviews, details on distance, difficulty, canine compatibility, and more.
From Mount Rushmore to French Creek, and the peak of Black Elk to the Red Valley, the 6,000 square miles of the Black Hills are as wild and free as the Great Plains can be.
- Find hikes suited to every ability.
- Experience the thrill of hiking through human and geological history.
- Discover epic cave formations, spectacular views, and more.
With short hikes and overnight adventures, Hiking the Black Hills Country has everything you need to explore one of America's most gorgeous landscapes.