The Best Glamping Destinations in North America
Mike Howard,Anne Howard
About this book
Think outside the big-box hotels and discover North America’s most inspiring outdoor getaways. In the first travel guide of its kind, authors Mike and Anne Howard of the acclaimed blog HoneyTrek.com dive into the origins of glamping and the 21st-century craving for unconventional experiences that effortlessly connect us with nature, family, and ourselves. Each chapter of Comfortably Wild offers a unique way to vacation, like the boutique farmstays in “Cultivate,” wellness retreats in "Rejuvenate,” and action-packed journeys of “In Motion.” Alongside hundreds of gorgeous photographs and inspiring stories from the Howards’ 73,000-mile quest, this glamping book offers practical tips to find your ideal destinations and to mobilize a lifetime of unforgettable adventures.
Comfortably Wild features:
- Over 70 destinations across 9 countries, plus 80 extra getaways by region in the book’s North America Glamping Directory
- Roundups of unique outdoor accommodations at vineyards, wildlife sanctuaries, hot springs, state parks, and more
- HoneyTrek Tips offering the best deals, local secrets, and tested-and-approved travel advice
- Vacation Matchmaker pinpointing the best glamping getaways for your trip style
- Random Awesomeness featuring wacky one-of-a-kind destinations from cave mansions to ski-on-ski-off treehouses
- Packing lists, cooking ideas, handy apps, and booking sites to get outdoors with ease
About this author
Mike and Anne Howard left on their honeymoon in January 2012 and never came home. They created HoneyTrek.com to chronicle their journey across all seven continents and help people mobilize their travel dreams. Their story of the World’s Longest Honeymoon, savvy tips, and blog have been acclaimed by over 100 media outlets, from USA Today to Lonely Planet. Having scouted hotels around the world for Honeymoons.com, blogged for Glamping.com, and authored National Geographic’s best-selling book on couples adventure travel (Ultimate Journeys for Two), the Howards were poised to write the first-ever book on glamping in North America. Their original research, on everything from the history of glamping to this travel style’s scientific benefits, has earned them a respected place in the glamping community, including a seat on the American Glamping Association Board of Advisors.
Through their writing, photography, public speaking, glamping consulting, and social media, the Howards hope to inspire more people to explore outside their comfort zone. Follow their adventures @HoneyTrek.