Covering nearly all of the wilderness trails in the Wind River Range and offering suggestions for day hikes, extended trips, and off-trail exploration, this revised edition contains detailed descriptions and National Geographic maps to get you to the trailheads and help you plan your trip. This new edition includes new full color maps and stunning full color photos, as well as GPS coordinates for all trailheads.
Look inside to find:
• Hikes suited to every ability
• Mile-by-mile directional cues
• Difficulty ratings, trail contacts, fees/permits, and best hiking seasons
• An index of hikes by category, such as easy day hikes, extended backcountry trips, hikes to lakes, and hikes for solitude
• Invaluable trip-planning information, including local lodging and campgrounds
• Full-color photos throughout
• National Geographic maps
Ben Adkison is a professional mountain guide, guiding on mountains from Alaska to Peru. He also loves hiking, skiing, and mountaineering while living out of his van.